A blog which discusses various GPU applications including visualization, GPGPU and games.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Reaction-Diffusion

I have recently gotten into partial differential equation (PDE) visualization. In particular, I am focusing on a set of PDEs known as reaction-diffusion systems. These systems have two important terms: a reaction term, and a diffusion term (Laplacian).

One such reaction-diffusion model is the Gray-Scott model. Below is a screenshot from my visualization program, which is applying a palette on the GPU.



The Gray-Scott model can be estimated by trivial numerical methods such as the finite difference method. Because of this, it is very easy to parallelize, which means implementing it in a compute shader, OpenCL or CUDA is a simple task. I have a compute shader solver written, which will be accelerated by D3D11 hardware when it is available. I will share more details in an upcoming post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i'm trying to contact with you... but i can't see any contact email at nowhere.

    B.

    Alejandro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I can be reached at hexcat@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors